Our research group explores the design principles and applications of novel biomimetic materials. Our research is highly multidisciplinary and focuses on advancing the design and synthesis of functional molecules, polymers, and nanomaterials, and use them to generate synthetic cells (protocells) that self-assemble into tissue-like materials (protocellular materials or prototissues). This is achieved by combining in an original and synergistic manner key aspects of organic chemistry, materials chemistry, and synthetic biology.
– Functional molecule synthesis and characterisation
– Polymer synthesis and characterisation
– Nanomaterials synthesis and characterisation
– Pickering emulsions
– Bottom-up synthetic biology
– Soft materials micromechanical characterisations